Today is Blue Hair Wednesday – if you come tonight with blue hair and show yourself on camera- you win a prize.
Come talk with us tonight- it will be fun and informative.
- 10/21/2015 at 18:15 Central
Most information security professionals were against SOPA. Well if you didn’t like that, you’re really going to hate these two.
What are CISA & TTP?
Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement (TPP)
There’s a lot of love about TPP, but I think these things are going to cause problems.
- Journalists who report news like wiki-leaks are in trouble
- Circumventing any security controls – more illegal than ever
- Copyright fair use will be tightened until it squeaks
- Internet service providers will be required to do more take down activities
Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act (CISA)
is a rewrite of the highly controversial Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act.
- Requires (DNI), (DHS), (DOD), and (DOJ) to develop and promulgate procedures to promote:
- (1) the timely sharing of classified and declassified cyber threat indicators
- (2) the sharing of unclassified indicators with the public
- (3) the sharing of cybersecurity threats with entities to prevent or mitigate adverse effects.
These sound pretty good on the surface but…
The law is so broad that a bunch of unintended consequences will occur, such as:
- Forced sharing between .gov and .com = international issues
- Legislating protection and controls = audit will suck more
- Big data becomes BIG BROTHER
Here are the articles
If you want to see me with blue hair- show up tonight.
- Larry – PMP – October 31
- Dean – CISSP – October 31
- Frank – CEHv9 – Nov 15
- Don – Incident Response – Nov 15